Cherish Lewis New Kitten Guidance
What should I prepare for my new ragdoll kitten?
This article will advise all you need for your ragdoll kitten before you take your kitten home, which including feeding guidance, care and look after your kitten. Every product we introduction her is necessary.
What should I prepare before the kitten come home?
- Deep clean and sterilise the room that you want to put the kitten into.
- If you have another cat or animal you should separate them for at least 2 weeks.
- Wet food, dry food and a few cat bowls.
- Cat litters and litter trays.
- Room Thermometer (The room kitten live should be 20- 27 degrees)
- A soft fluffy blanket, cat bed, cat tree, cat toys, hairbrushes, water filter.
- A pet carrier and soft blanket if you coming to pick them up.
- FELIWAY Optimum for calm the kitten down to get used to the new house.
Wet Food Link:
Royal Canin First Age Mother & Babycat Mousse
Dry Food Link:
Natures Variety FREE RANGE CHICKEN
Buy on Amazon:
Your kitten should have:
- 2-4 times wet food a day, one tablespoon at a time.
- Clean fresh filtered water, and dry kitten food all day.
- If you opened a tin of wet food it should be put in the fridge once opened, and used in 2 days.
- Food and water should be at least 60 cm away from the litter tray.
- If your kitten do not eat or drink more than 24 hours, and losing weight. You will need to ring vet for advice or book for a vet emergency vist.
Daily Care Guidance
- Cat litter will need to clean 2 times a day, morning and night time. If a sign of diarrhoea, the kitten will need to be treated immediately.
- Litter tray will need to be empty clean and sterilised at least 2 times a week.
- Hair needs to be brushed at least once per week.
- You do not need to bath the kitten unless they get really dirty. Bath has to be at a nice warm temperature, not too hot, blow-dry the kitten straight away after bath. Make sure all fur under the belly is dried properly.
- Daily checks required, check eyes, ears, nose, bum and fur. Call the vet if any abnormal discharge in the eyes and nose(eg. cat flu), or bum wet(Diarrhoea).
- Weekly weight the kitten and if the kitten is losing a lot of weight you will need to take the kitten to the vet.
- You will need to play with your kitten for half an hour per day.
- If the kitten goes outside, or if you have another outdoor cat, you will need to buy flea and worm treatment from the vet for all of them every month.
- The kitten should live in a room 20- 27 temperature degree
- Kitten shall not be locked in a small cage, the min. size for a single 12- 26 weeks kitten is 0.85 square meters, min. room size 0.9 x 1.8 meter.
- Inside the kitten's room should have a cat tree, warm bed/ cat house, and toys that need to be checked every day, if broken, has to be disposed of.
-First, a few days kitten may be scared of the new place. Make sure to have enough food and water and give the kitten some time to settle down.
- Once the kitten gets used to the new place, play with your kitten with cat toys. Teaser toys are a good choice.
- Give a lot of cuddles, but not squash too hard.
- Reminder for small children families, remind children that we need to be gentle with the baby cat.
The life expectancy of Ragdoll Cat
- Average life expectancy of Ragdoll Cat is 9-15 years
- If you are taking good care of your Ragdoll Cat, they can be live up to 20 years.
- Vet bill can be expensive, depends on which practice you are going to.
- If the kitten is unwell, take the kitten to a vet check. Don't wait till the last minute.
- All our kittens come with 4 weeks of free Petplan insurance. After that, you can contact them to subscribe to a plan.
- If the kitten does not eat for 24 hours, and losing weight. you will need to ring the vet for advice or book a vet emergency visit.
- Kitten with diarrhoea and losing weight must go to the vet.
We provide lifetime free advice for all our kittens
If you have any more questions about how to take care of your new kitten please contact us.
Our available kittens:
Book an online video call kitten visit/ On-site visit
You can now book an online video call or an on-site visit to choose a kitten. Select your suitable time.
Booking online from the Ragdoll Cat UK website (ragdollcat.co.uk).